Detox Cleansing: 8 Smoothie Recipes for Fast and Safe Weight Loss
Smoothies have been around for decades now and they were first known as pureed fruit juices which can help alleviate stomach problems. Fast forward to these days, the smoothie has evolved into a popular detox and weight loss beverage containing fruits, vegetables, and sometimes nuts – thus, the name green smoothie. And with the growing fame of detox and weight loss, a smoothie is almost considered a basic commodity.
But do smoothies really deliver? Or is it just another fad?
If you’re aiming to lose 5 to 10 pounds quickly, the 3-day smoothie cleanse is recommended. Simply substitute two meals per day with a green smoothie and take one heavy meal consisting of 70% lean protein and vegetables. Skip white carbs (white bread, white rice, white pasta) during this period and go for brown rice, whole wheat bread, or veggie pasta instead, if you need to get your carbs fix.
If you are not a fan of greens, slowly introduce detox by adding baby spinach to your smoothie. It does not have any flavor, so you won’t even taste it in your smoothie at all. As you get used to the spinach, slowly substitute it with kale or chard until your taste buds start to enjoy veggies.
Since it is safe and all-natural, you can continue to enjoy the detox smoothie daily after the 3-day cleanse period. Just switch recipes for variety. Look at it as an investment towards better health.
How do you make a detox smoothie?
The procedure for making a detox smoothie is simple and straightforward. You don’t even have to attend online classes. Just put together all the ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth, and chug your way to fitness. To make it more enjoyable, try different recipes and see which ones will make it to your favorites list.
8 Green Smoothie recipes you can try:
- Green Protein Detox Smoothie – add together 2 cups mixed green veggies like spinach, kale and chard, 1 banana, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, and 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Glowing Green Detox Smoothie – combine 1 kiwi, 1 banana, ¼ cup pineapple, 2 celery stalks, 2 cups spinach, and 1 cup water
- Apple Berry Detox Smoothie – blend 1 cup mixed berries (like raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries), 1 large apple, 2 cups spinach, and 1 cup water (or unsweetened almond milk)
- Pineapple Banana Detox Smoothie – mix 1 cup pineapple, 1 banana, 1 apple, 2 cups spinach, and 1 cup water
- Kale and Apple Green Detox Smoothie – mix ⅔ cup almond milk (unsweetened), ¾ cup ice, 1 ½ cups kale (chopped), 1 stalk celery (chopped), ½ red or green apple (cored and chopped), 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, and 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Kale Pineapple Coconut Detox Smoothie – combine 1 banana, 1 cup pineapple, 1 cup coconut water, and 2 cups kale (chopped)
- Kale Strawberry Banana Detox Smoothie – blend 1 banana, 1 cup yogurt (plain), 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen), 1 cup Kale (chopped), and 1 cup ice
- Avocado Detox Smoothie – mix 1 1/2 cups of apple juice, 2 cups spinach or kale (stemmed and chopped), 1 apple (unpeeled, cored, and chopped), and 1/2 avocado (chopped)
Revel in the benefits of detox smoothie!
Include the detox smoothie to your regular diet and reap its many benefits for your health and well-being, as if insurance took care of it for you.
Take the detox smoothie to lose unwanted pounds, as an internal cleanser, to combat constipation, to prevent dehydration, and many others. The idea is to reset your system as well as your taste buds, so you will start craving for a healthy diet after the 3-day cleanse.
Indeed, finding your way to a healthy and fit body has never been this, uhm…smooth!
Based on Materials from Lose Weight By Eating
Photo Sources: Mobile opera, Pixabay, Ibites